Friday, February 20, 2009

O.M.G.!






Don't be embarrassed if you shed a tear or two when you look at these! Does it get more precious that this! Our biggest and best news of all, is Kamryn finally made it here January 18th at 6:53 am, 8.1 lbs and 21 inches long! Her long awaited arrival proved to be worth the wait! I went into labor Friday night, went to the hospital Saturday night with contractions 5 mins apart and they wanted to send me home because I still wasn't dilating! I could have killed those nurses! I begged to talk to the Dr. because by then I was in SO MUCH PAIN and couldn't imagine sitting at home in that kind of pain all through the weekend. They offered my a shot of morphine and I was on my way out when in walked the Dr! I could have kissed him! He broke my water, (the most awkward feeling ever), and I had my epidural a half hour later (heaven send). Labor still lasted ALL NIGHT and she was finally ready to make her apperance early Sunday morning. She sure did take her time, that's for sure! I was pregnant 41 weeks and in labor almost an entire weekend! She came into this world surrounded in love and adoration. My entire family was there when she made it here which made it an exciting experience for all of us. She was perfectly healthy with the exception of a bad rash and abnormally alert. She took to Chad right away and he to her. I was more awkward with her than he was at first and he changed more diapers than me! He loved being part of the delivery and was even man enough to cut the cord which he wasn't so sure about at first! My mom was in heaven, Bertie in awe, my dad fell in love, Brad wasn't quite sure, and Jeff and Amber's family excited. It was done and now we have a daughter. The next few weeks would prove to be... different than we expected, but worth it all the way! We love her so much!
She is already growing so much! I feel like we missed the newborn stage with her! Even taking these pictures, the photographer said she looks and acts more like a 2 month old that a 1 week old! She holds her head up and is way strong! Compared to our friends' babies, she seems so much bigger too! I think she just overcooked a little! She is a good baby though, we just need to figure out how to get her sleeping better... and are open for suggestions! Good luck to all the other new moms too!

No comments: