Friday, February 20, 2009

Ode to Jeffry





I guess turning 30 isn't that big a deal, but when you're my big brother, it's the perfect opportunity to make fun! What an old fart, huh?!! I seriously LOVE my brother Jeff and love every chance we get to hang out, which fortunately is pretty often. He's one of my favorite people in the world and I'm sure he feels the same about me! He has such an amazing family and I seriously feel blessed to be part of their lives. Amber is one of my best friends and his kids literally melt my heart. We're lucky to be so close and enjoy the great relationships we have. Well, Amber pulled off a surprise dinner for his birthday and we had a good time, especially bowling after. But I have to mention that he did kind of get the shaft this year! My family has the coolest tradition of getting together at mom's house for birthday celebrations and "roasting" whoever's birthday it is. We tell them why we love them and it's everyone's favorite part of having a birthday, especially mine! Well, Jeff really looks forward to this every year, and sadly, his birthday was December 9th but he didn't get roasted until February! The wedding, the holidays, and the baby all got in the way of his celebration. That's just emotionally traumatizing in my family so I want to extend a public apology to Jeffry and tell him again... I LOVE YOU! I want to also set the record straight that he may be intimidating and look mean on the outside, but he's got a thin candy shell and is all warm and soft on the inside! So don't be afraid!!! To all who read this, this is an official invite to just go up and give him a big hug next time you see him! Maybe even tell him why YOU love him!

No comments: