Monday, July 07, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Our 4th of July weekend started off kinda crazy. Our friends were going camping up at Strawberry reservoir and we wanted to go, but we had 7 puppies to deal with and couldn't gather a plan of attack. Kim ended up giving up on the task, so Friday morning came around and I packed up my truck to leave for Strawberry. As I went to kiss Kim goodbye, she decided that she wanted to go...This meant that I had to repack the truck with everything that Kim would need, along with making room for 7 puppies and our dog Shay. While I wasn't excited about that, I was stoked that Kim changed her mind and made the trip. That was until the night time came around. Kim slept comfortably in the Ashby's camper, while I slept in the bed of my truck with 7 puppies and Shay. I spept about 2 hours that night and Shay nursed @ 3am and 7am. It was pretty rough, but you have to make sacrifices in order to reap the benefits, right? We fished Friday night and Saturday morning, but came back empty handed. That makes 0 for 4 on my fishing trips this year....WHACK! Hopefully I'll catch a fish this year and it will make it all worth it, but until then I am bitter...

Taylor, Crystal, Brent, Kelly, Jill and Shay in the back of my truck after some morning fishing...
All in all our camping trip was a success and am excited for our next journey...
Elise having a good time with the pups...
Chad and Joe showing off their bow shooting skills...
Chad let us take his 4 wheeler for a ride to the top of the summit...


On our way down from Provo canyon, Kim's brother Jeff gave us a call to see if we wanted to go boating. While I was running on 2 hours sleep and was dirtier than I've been in awhile, I couldn't resist a day on the lake. We hurried home and dropped off the dogs and made our way out to Utah Lake. Let me tell you, that was the best decision that we could of made. The lake was awesome. We met Amber's parents out there and they had this new tube called THE MOLECULE. After riding it, Jeff and I renamed it THE WEDGINATOR, because we were riding high without fail. That tube is one of the funnest things I've been on in a long time and I hope I get another chance to ride it soon. The weekend was a blast and thanks to all our friends for making it happen. I can even say that without seeing or lighting one firework off...
Our nephew Jordan is so cute...
Jaxon and me swimming in the lake...
Jeff and Jaxon on THE WEDGINATOR...

2 comments:

C & E said...

This weekend was a blast. We're glad you, Kim, and the puppies came!

Option Addict said...

Who is that big dude with the "bangin" hair?

BTW- His name is spelled ...J...A...X...O...N

Make sure you update future birthday cards, gift labels, and your family trees accordingly.

L8